Yes, back to the list. So I was talking about how the TV is filled with daily soaps and reality shows on every channel. Reality shows are just a method of earning money by gathering votes. But, it was a real mystery why women liked daily soaps, despite them being away from reality. But, I found an answer a few days ago that the women actually see their own figure in the “heroines” of these shows. They try to identify with them, and think what would they do in such a situation. They want to be a rebel or a sacrificing lady like whoever Tulsi and others. Anyway back to the list:
6. Scrubs – Do you think hospitals and medical training is funny? It certainly is in this alternate universe. Scrubs really does seem to be in another universe. It’s a story of doctors, janitors, assistants, friends, relationships, and much much more. It presents the problems and tensions of doctors and employees in such a funny way, that you can’t help but crack into a laugh. It’s a sugar coated lesson in life. You can catch it everyday at 9:30 pm on Star World. Here’s a link.
7. The Simpsons – Who doesn’t know about the Simpsons? Even after 2 decades of it’s running, the episodes are still as original and as funny as hell. The style of The Simpsons is just so absurd and funny, that you can’t help loving this show. The story revolves around Homer and his family in Springfield. I don’t know what it is about this show that makes people love it, but we just do. Bringing a fresh episode everyday, it is an excellent entertainer, airing everyday at 6 pm on Star World. Here’s a link.
8. Sun Yaar Chill Maar – Ahh, after so many English shows, here’s another show that has qualified for my top ten list. It is one of the most original and most entertaining shows I’ve seen being churned out from the Indian TV channels. The story revolves around 6 college friends in Delhi, and their daily problems. You never get bored with the vulgar style of Omi like “Uska toh ghanna lamba hai……..[pause], kadd”, neither do you get bored of the yos by piddi. I think it is a true representation of Indian Youth(in a funny way), offering characters of every kind. You can catch it Monday-Thursday at 10:30 pm on Bindass. Here’s a link.
9. The Looney Toons and Tom & Jerry – Another evergreen show. Whenever nothing worthwhile is being shown on the TV, this show often comes to my rescue. I never get bored of an episode no matter how many times I have seen it before. The characters are all colourful, and I think you’ll really like it, no matter whether you are a kid or an adult. Tom and Jerry is another such cartoon, which never gets old. I don’t know the exact timings of these shows, but Looney Toons airs on POGO and Tom & Jerry on Cartoon Network. Here’s a link.
10. Discovery Channel, History Channel ‘n’ Nat Geo – Yes, I know the name doesn’t have the name of a show. But, my list seemed incomplete without the mention of these channels. I don’t watch any particular shows on these channels, but most of the time, happen to catch something that grabs my interest. They are great channels and I don’t think they are boring or nerdy. Rather, they help us understand Science, History and Cultures in a fun way.
I also loved these shows till they got canceled and I got tired of watching the re-runs. But they deserve a special mention. They are Khichdi, Sarabhai vs. Sarabhai, Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Aliens in America, Lizzie McGuire and That’s so Raven.
Ok, I don’t know how this works, but I tag whoever wants to do a post about their favourite TV shows, including you Ish (from Dead End), Balu (from CHUPchap) and Amit (from mashed musings).