Yeah, I know, I haven’t posted in 2 days, but I was studying……yes I do study occasionally, when I’m not watching movies that is. Anyway, so I had a post, but that’s taking a little longer to shape up, so here’s another one.
With all the crap being showed on TV including the ghisse pitte daily soaps and boringly repetitive reality shows, there is very less to watch except MTV or V. But, eventually some shows come along which you actually like. Here are 10 of the TV shows currently airing, which I like to watch and make TV watchable for me.
1. MTV Roadies – Everybody who has been reading this blog, must know that I absolutely love this show. I have been following it since the 4th season, when I first discovered it. I never let myself miss even 1 episode of this show and can watch it again and again. Of all the new reality shows, this one only seems to offer a piece of reality. Every Saturday at 7 pm on MTV. Here’s a link.
2. Drake and Josh – A show which, I think all would be able to enjoy, despite their age. But me and my friends absolutely love it. Its about two teenage step brothers Drake and Josh, and the problems faced by them. What’s particularly interesting is Drake and Josh’s different approaches to the same problem. Drake is the cool dude who gets out of every mistake without punishment and Josh is the geek who gets blamed for everything. Their encounters with their cold blooded sister Megan are also intriguing. I swear, if I had a sister like that, I would kill her. No matter how many times you watch an episode, you never get bored. Every day at 9:30 pm on Nickelodeon. Here’s a link.
3. House M.D. – A modern day Sherlock Holmes, except that he doesn’t solve crimes but medical cases. You will see some of the most unusual medical cases being solved in 1 hour with various mistakes and realizations. The best thing about the show is Hugh Laurie who plays Dr. House. The character’s dry and inhumane style is, cool, if you will. The other characters are very finely developed and it’s the closest show to reality, I’ve ever seen. It’s based on one principle: Everybody lies. You can always relate to one or the other character. Every Tuesday 11 pm. Here’s a link.
4. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. – An all time favourite. Actually this is the only show which is so popular, that I could find it’s season DVDs in my local store and didn’t have to got to Planet M. I know it doesn’t even remotely come close to the real lives of people in New York, but it’s a really fun show. The characters and situations are lovable and there isn’t a moment when you might get bored. It was kind of like my introduction to American TV shows and I love it and trust me, you will to. My favourite character is Chandler, cuz I’m kind of sarcastic like him.It airs weekdays, 7:00 pm on Star World. Here’s a link.
5. My Wife and Kids – Evergreen, that’s what this show is. Filled with witty comments and funny characters, it is one of the best examples of American Comic Shows. There’s a guy called Michael, and this show is about his relationship with his wife and kids. It provides quite a number of laughs, and you learn a lesson or two about relationship or disciplining children with Michael’s Signature moments. It airs every weekday at 6:30 pm on Star World. Here’s a link.
All the timings are IST. The next part has 5 more great shows……so stay tuned.